25. October 2022
Arvato Systems wins "it security Award 2022”
- With its vulnerability management tool "VAREDY", Arvato Systems wins the "it security Award 2022" in the category "Management Security".
- VAREDY simplifies vulnerability management processes by automating repetitive tasks to help vulnerability managers identify and close security gaps
Arvato Systems has won the "it security Award 2022", which was presented at the IT trade fair it-sa in Nuremberg on October 25. The Gütersloh-based IT service provider and cyber security expert convinced the expert jury in the "Management Security" category with its innovative vulnerability management tool "VAREDY". VAREDY enables CISOs, security managers, and IT professionals, in particular to automate and simplify vulnerability management processes. The system processes data from both the asset inventory and common vulnerability scanners such as those from Tenable, Microsoft, or Rapid7. The tool classifies and aggregates detected vulnerabilities and translates the data into compact, executable work packages (remediation tasks). Users receive clearly understandable recommendations for action based on proven methods in stable IT operations. In this way, users can effortlessly manage Remediation Tasks end-to-end in VAREDY.
Increased IT security at lower costs
Regular scanning of IT infrastructures generates enormous volumes of data. Not only consolidating all this generated data for the purpose of analysis, but also transferring it into target-oriented action measures and dividing these in turn into manageable work packages is a major challenge. A challenge that companies cannot master without a powerful workflow tool. Due to the fact that VAREDY automates repetitive tasks along the complete vulnerability management process, vulnerability managers can focus on closing the identified security gaps. In addition, VAREDY helps managers track the effectiveness of the vulnerability remediation actions taken over time and create audit-proof documentation. With VAREDY, companies keep their cyber security high, while - compared to manual procedures, which are highly error-prone and inefficient - vulnerability management costs are reduced by up to 90 percent.
Multi-stage vulnerability management process
VAREDY is based on a multi-level approach:
- Scan: One or more vulnerability scanners examine the IT infrastructure to be analyzed with regard to any security vulnerabilities. The results are very extensive vulnerability lists in the form of CVE codes.
- Preparation: VAREDY imports the scan data, analyzes it for root cause and correlates it with inventory information to provide the necessary asset context.
- Enrichment: VAREDY translates the clustered raw data into understandable Remediation Tasks and adds practically proven solution hints.
- Planning: Based on these compact task lists, a vulnerability manager prioritizes, plans and documents vulnerability remediation actions.
- Remediation: For effective vulnerability remediation, the vulnerability manager controls the implementation of the remediation task directly from VAREDY to a ticket system.
- Verification: VAREDY automatically tracks the progress of the ticket and uses new scan data to verify that the vulnerabilities have been successfully fixed.
Detect and eliminate weaknesses on an ongoing basis
"Hackers are becoming increasingly creative in exploiting even the smallest vulnerability for their criminal purposes," says Andreas Nolte, Head of Cyber Security at Arvato Systems. "Apart from a high degree of perseverance, companies can only master this omnipresent threat with consistent vulnerability management and effective vulnerability remediation. This is exactly what VAREDY supports. That's why we are very pleased to receive the it security Award." Christina Finck, who is responsible for VAREDY as Product Manager, positions the vulnerability management platform as follows: "Vulnerability management is complex, time-consuming and cost-intensive. It only works if it is integrated into existing IT management processes. VAREDY is the tool that not only our customers use but also us ourselves. Functionally, VAREDY addresses the requirements of everyday practice - resulting in controllable and, above all, measurable progress."
About Arvato Systems
Global IT specialist Arvato Systems supports major companies in Digital Transformation. About 3,100 staff in over 25 locations stand for in-depth technology expertise, industry knowledge, and focus on customer requirements. Working as a team, we develop innovative IT solutions, transition our clients into the Cloud, integrate digital processes, and take on IT systems operation and support. As a part of the Bertelsmann-owned Arvato network, we have the unique capability to work across the entire value chain. Through our strong strategic partner network with global top players such as AWS, Google, Microsoft, and SAP, we continuously strengthen our know-how and leverage the most advanced technology. We Empower Digital Leaders. arvato-systems.com