The shop system often only fulfills 4 tasks, which can easily be taken over by the special systems:
- Display of products
- Holding the product catalog
- Management of prices and promotions
- Provision of the shopping basket
In the described setting, all 4 tasks can be managed by other systems:
- The presentation of the products as well as the entire user interface, can be handled by a CMS (Content Management System), which is specialized in these frontend tasks.
- The product catalog is better kept by the search engine, which is usually more flexible in serving customers' requests.
- Prices and promotions can be mapped across channels through aroma®'s Prices and Promotions module.
- Shopping cart and checkout processes can also be realized via aroma® APIs, since corresponding functionalities are available anyway, e.g. for taking orders in customer service and in stores.
Of course, companies today have an e-shop system that can be further used with aroma®. But aroma® also offers the interesting option of being able to replace the traditional e-shop system.